Thursday, May 16, 2013

3 Strikes You're Out

It's time for a little baseball. Actually, my youngest is playing baseball this year for the first time ever! He's involved in The Miracle League - an organized baseball league for special needs children and adults which enables these children and adults to develop socialization skills and have fun by playing baseball at a field specially designed for them. I teared up many times watching the pure joy on these kids' faces while they played...I'm ready to cry again NOW as I type this!! Each child has a volunteer "buddy" assigned to them to help in any way needed. Our Kevin had so much fun catching and throwing the ball with his buddy Matt. He wasn't so sure when it came his turn to bat, but I think that will change as the season goes on.

My card is for the 3 Strikes You're Out theme challenge over at Catch the Bug. I went with the baseball theme by using the sweet Kidlet Baseball Girl image. I also put on three brads to fill in some space. Yep, that's a little piece of scrap designer paper used - I really should go through my pile and throw out (GASP!!) some of the really small pieces I've been saving. They're simply taking up space.

I hope you have a great day. I have a class to attend at our local scrapbook store later today, can't wait!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Adorable card, Thanks for playing along with us this week at Catch The Bug.

Lori said...

Adorable card Linda! How fun that your son is getting a chance to play-sounds like a great organization that's making that happen! :) OH...and you should NEVER throw away paper...nope!Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week. Good luck! Hope you'll join us again.
Lori
Bugaboo DT

mulberry station said...

You won third place over at Catch the Bug. Yehhhhhhh! Awesome job. She is so cute.
Hugs, Nancy