Thursday, January 10, 2013

Special Friend

Next to sketches, color combos are my favorite challenges. And, in case you didn't hear, I've been selected to be on the Color My Heart DT!!!!! So now I get to share some fun and fabulous colors challenges from Close to my Heart in hopes you will join in with us. I've been "collecting" Close to my Heart stamps and inks for awhile now, so this is a perfect way to start putting them to use!! Our challenge this week is Indian Corn Blue and Ruby. I found an old CTMH paper packet called Blue Ribbon for the pattern paper. The coordinating stamp set is called Whimsical Wings for the butterfly and the sentiment is from Be True. I'm really trying for the quick and easy cards, and this one fits the bill. I hope you can join us at Color My Heart for a fun color challenge.

7 comments:

Lela said...

Super cute! I think I have some scraps of that paper laying around and I love quick and cute cards!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh I love how you coordinated the background paper with the focal stamp! Is that circle matted with white or is it embossed? I love that effect! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pam said...

I love the butterfly card

canadian_liner said...

Great take on the color challenge--this card says "summer!" Also a good sketch that I will have to "CASE" sometime!

sarahstone said...

You did a great job with the "simple" style, Linda. I love that paper - I wish I had bought it way back when! It's a very nice card.

Sarah

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderfl card for a friend, love the style and the sweet butterfly!
hugs
glenda

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Cute card, Linda! I'll have to go take that paper pack out and play with it. thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie