Sunday, September 9, 2012

From Our Family To Yours

It's time for a new CAS challenge over at The Outlawz Challenges. The theme this week is "Bells and Whistles." I love when you can interpret the theme yourself. I saw "bells" and immediately thought about this PaperTrey Ink set Bells & Boughs. I was watching some stamping videos on You Tube and was taken by one showing letterpressing with your embossing folders. Rub ink on the flat surface side of your folder, not the raised side. Emboss as usual. On mine, I used green ink...the raised snowflakes remain ivory since they didn't get hit with the ink. I can't find that video right now, but when I do, I'll be sure to include a link. I die cut the bells and bow then stamped. The sentiment is also included in this set. Just a few pearls and my card is complete. Perfect for mailing! Sign up at The Outlawz Challenges so you too can play along.   

2 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Linda, great embossing technique and the love the bell images.
hugs
glenda

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Yes, I've been doing this for about 2 months and love love love the effects and yours is strikingly pretty.