Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Snow is Falling

Well no snow today, but they are calling for it by the end of the week. While I was at my parents' almost two weeks ago, we got up one morning to snow, and lots of it. I helped Dad shovel that wet, heavy stuff and remembered how much I like the warm sunshine! They got 8 inches all in one day!!! YIKES! Enough about the snow, let me tell you about the sketch for this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Fun as always.

And talk about fun, our wonderful sponsor this week is Gerda at Stamp Fairy. She has up for grabs 4 free digi images for our winner!!!! So be sure and play so you have a chance at this fabulous prize!


Here's my card using a Barry Winter image. He is so adorable, isn't he?!! I was so glad I found my felt snowflakes because the colors worked perfectly with my card! Now be sure and check out what the rest of the DT created with their Stamp Fairy images, each one is so sweet and adorable!

7 comments:

Patti P. said...

Linda, I love the snow on your card, but not in my driveway. Hope it is a while before we get any. You are so right about those felt snowflakes, just the perfect touch. I love your shading in blue around this cute image. Have a wonderful week.
hugs, Patti

mulberry station said...

Hi Linda, I love your great big snowflake. We got snow on Sunday and Monday. It is probably coming your way. hee hee.. It was sure a surprise for us. I didn't think we would have snow until January. And, there is more on the way. I love the blue color schem you have used. It give your card that nice chill of winter time. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Nancy

Jeannie said...

I like seeing the many moods of Lenny this week! You've got him dressed up perfectly and the papers and glittery snow are just terrific.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

P.S. Not sure what happened, but the link for you on SSW goes to Jacki...

Kathie said...

Hi Linda, just love your Barry he looks so warm as cosy. Very cute and I love your wonderful snowflake embellishment. Hope all is well with you? Take care and have a great week.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Genevieve said...

Barry is so sweet Linda, I love his wee glittery hat & the felt snowflake is gorgeous!!! I have my fingers crossed every winter for snow, we don't get it often so when we do it's a big deal. Hope you have a great weekend :)

Tc
Genevieve

Jackie Randolph said...

awwww, perfect wintery feel with this one Linda!! Beautifully created with your gorgeous colored Barry to your felt snowflakes and snow!! Not sure I am ready for the white stuff!!

Hugs'

melody said...

fabulous card and take on the sketch chickie! awesome coloring...and whoa..love that snowflake! that blue..is yummy!