Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Ahhhhh yes, a day of eating and lying around watching football! I am thankful for so many, many things, like football and lots of good food!! What's on the menu at your house? Today I want to welcome you to another photo inspiration challenge over at Paper Lovin' Gals. Hope you can join us this week, we would love to see you. What inspires you with this photo?


I went with the Thanksgiving theme and colors. I used a digital stamp from Fresh Brewed Designs called Fall Harvest. I colored the image with copics and sponged blue ink around it while it was still in the nestie after cutting and embossing. The colors are Pumpkin pie, More mustard, Old olive and Chocolate chip. The piece of designer paper is, you guessed it, from my scrap bin! I made a pledge to myself to not buy any more patterned paper and so far so good. It's barely been a month though, but have you seen the fabulous papers out there for the holidays!!!!! They're gorgeous!!!! Stop, breathe, you can do this, you are strong. I will continue to remind myself of this when I get the urge to buy!


Thanks for stopping by on this wonderful day. Enjoy your time with family and friends as well as all that good food!!!!

6 comments:

Monique said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Great card, love the font on the sentiment. The sponging to highlight the frame.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

What a fantastic inspiration card.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Stacy said...

Wow, this card is beautiful! Your shading here is amazing!

Hugs,
Stacy

Michele said...

Love the colors and the coloring! How can you not buy more patterened paper?? Discipline. Gosh.. .I would have a hard time. Hope your Thanksgiving was fabulous!!

Michele K. said...

If only I could color like you... Fabulous card! :)

hollybeary creations said...

I love the coloring you did on this.. So soft and pretty! Some day I'll be able to use my Copics like that.. Still learning here..lol