Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let Your Day Soar!

I am still into the bright colors of summer! This card is actually for the new "EMBOSS IT" challenge over at Freshly Brewed Challenges. I used the adorable digital image Angel Cake Flies a Kite from Fresh Brewed Designs. Now I'm still working on perfecting my clouds, but I'm liking them more and more each time I do it. She really does look like she's flying, doesn't she?! I used my embossing folders on the bottom two layers of dsp. The sentiment is from a little MSE set that has a kite in it too, so how perfect!!! Join us for this week's challenge, and don't forget the monthly "HOT" challenge is still going on. Look HERE for details.


4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Linda! I LOVE THIS CARD! I honestly have never thought of embossing patterned paper like that. It looks beautiful! I've only embossed plain cardstock. You did such a gorgeous job on your sky. Those pink shades are so very pretty together and your stitching is beautiful! I just love everything about this card!
Hugs, Sheryl

Judie said...

Hi Linda,
Great card, cute image colored perfectly and the stitching is awesome.

Judie

VanessaB said...

your clouds are awesome!! love the colors and stitching! such a fun, cute card!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I agree with Sheryl 100% I always forget to emboss patterned paper. IT really adds such a nice effect. The clouds are perfect!!! and I love (always) your flawless stitching. She DOES in fact appear as if she is floating into the clouds holding onto her little kite :D

Such a sweet and happy card!!!

LOTS of hugs!