Monday, June 20, 2011

What Inspires You?

This week at Picture Perfect Creations, we're going with an inspiration challenge using this picture. Reminds me of ladies sipping afternoon tea and eating finger sandwiches.



Well I stayed with the tea theme using this digital image from Fresh Brewed Designs. You can check out all of the new tea images HERE. I wanted this plain teapot so I could paper piece, figured it could look more vintage that way! I used other papers from this pack of dsp (SU's Parisian Summer) to create the layers of scallops. The sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps.

I used the awesome sketch from Eat Sleep Stamp - isn't it wonderful, I just had to turn it on its side. Now do a couple of favors for me and head on over to Picture Perfect Creations to check out the rest of the DTs awesome inspirations then get creating and show us yours!!!!!!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the little tea pot. Thanks for sharing.

Lori Turner said...

Beautiful card this week Linda! I love the paper-pieced teapot! Very cute!

Michele said...

Love your Teapot card Linda! Your scallops and stitching make this such a fun card! Love it!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I was so excited when you asked me to create some tea themed images for you Linda! I had a lot of fun drawing them up knowing they were for a very sweet friend.

I LOVE the way you paper pieced the teapot! The colors are very soft and pretty, just as a tea party should be :)

Lots of hugs!
Heather

Debbles Dabbles said...

I too am greatly inspired by the picture.....love tea scenes....you have used the inspiration and layout well. I enjoy the colours and papers you have chosen and of course, the stamp. Great card!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

it looked like you're getting ready for a little girl tea party, complete with big floppy hats and dresses that drag the floor! so very cute :-)

Tamie said...

Your teapot is so cool! Love the coloring/paper piecing too and the layout of your card. When I looked at your card and what you wrote it made me think...wouldn't it be nice to be able to meet our DT and craft and have a spot of tea. Another fabby card. Have a wonderful day :)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous Linda!! Down to every last detail, from the paper piecing, colors and (my favorite) stitching!!! A true mini work of art. I'd say you nailed the inspiration AND sketch challenges!! Thank you so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursday!
Hugs,
Tracy