Friday, January 14, 2011

It's STILL Snowing!!

I don't think I ever saw it outside for three days now that it hasn't been snowing!!! We have 10 - 12 inches right now...AND I'M SICK OF IT!!! But then, it keeps me in so I can make some cards for the great challenges that are out there! This card I used a super sweet stamp set from There She Goes called Puppy Love. Can you believe I paper pieced the little girl's dress? Me, the self-proclaimed lazy stamper??? I simply had to! The sentiment is strategically placed to cover up a smudge!!
As for the layout, I used this sketch from the Critter Sketch Challenge. They always have such fun sketches.

Now here's my second card I made today (gasp!). Again, I pulled out some items that haven't seen much love, sad to say. I used from Papertrey Ink the Larger Than Life stamp set and die.
And the sentiment is from Verve called Beautiful You.

Here's the sketch I followed for this card, from Card Patterns. Isn't it great!!!


And the colors come from Picture Perfect Creations...Bravo burgundy, River rock, Perfect plum and Wild wasabi. Well let me tell you, the perfect plum threw me. I hardly every use it. As a matter of fact, the paper is still in the old clear wrapper Stampin' Up used to use years back, you know the one I mean, the one that only had a little white sticker on with the item #, not the name of the color?! Yep, it's that's old!!! Well I was able to slip it in and actually like the way it looks. Will it make me use it more often? Probably not!!! LOL!!!
Now you'll want to come back tomorrow to see the new release of digital stamps at Clear Dollar Stamps!




5 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey Linda, sorry it's still snowing there. I won't tell you how sunny it is here, and that there is absolutely NO SNOW on the ground here. . .nope I won't depress you by telling you that ;P

Great cards, my friend. I just love that adorable image from TSG. . .I may have to break mine out after seeing yours, hehe ;D

~amy~ said...

I love your cards...especially your take on the Card Patterns sketch...the stitching is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Colleen said...

So cute and cheery! Your other card is lovely too - pretty colors! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

Lori Turner said...

Love your stitching and your bling! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with our colors at PPC this week!

Lori - PPC DT

Tamie said...

Your card is just stunning! I love the bling and oh your stitching is amazing! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at PPC! Super fab inspiration.

Tamie - PPC DT